Call for Abstracts
May 17-19, 2015
Regional Arts Commission in St. Louis, MO
Pamela Hieronymi (UCLA)
Louis Annual Conference on Reasons and Rationality provides a forum for
new work on practical and theoretical reason, broadly construed. Please submit an anonymized abstract of 750-1500 words by January 15, 2015 to SLACRR@gmail.com. In writing your abstract, please bear in mind that full papers should be suitable for a 30 minute presentation. Note
that in 2015 the Formal Epistemology Workshop will meet immediately
after SLACRR. One may submit the same abstract to both
events. We encourage people to attend both events.
What to Submit
SLACRR includes papers in ethics, epistemology, and other areas of philosophy that deal with reasons, reasoning, or rationality. For instance, we would be interested in papers exploring such questions as:
- What is the relation between reasons for actions and reasons for beliefs?
- What are the sources of our reasons for belief?
- How are features of one's psychology relevant to reasons?
- What is the relation between reasons and what we ought to do or believe?
- What is the relation between reasons and value?
- Are the requirements of practical and theoretical rationality normative?
- What is the relation between individual rationality and collective rationality?
- Are actions or beliefs themselves structured by reasons?