Bring Learning to Life!
"My students write passionately about what they see and hear and they use the experiences to generate questions to research and write about. My theory, that students write better when they're deeply engaged in their topic, has repeatedly held true in these courses."
-Deborah Maltby, Ph.D., UMSL English Department
Service-learning addresses real community needs while enhancing the learning experience within the classroom. The benefits of service-learning include:
- Enriches and enlivens teaching and learning
- Broadens areas for research and publication related to current trends and issues
- Provides invaluable hands-on experience for students
- Extends campus resources into the community and contributes to UMSL’s goal for civic engagement
UMSL Faculty can learn more about how to implement service-learning in their class by visiting these pages:
- Academic Service-Learning
- Curricular Integration
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Community Partners