Earn 3 Credit Hours in 2 Weeks!
When: January 5-17, 2015
UMSL gives students the opportunity to earn 3 credit hours in 2 weeks! The Winter Intersession at UMSL helps you reach your educational goals faster. In just a few weeks you can lighten your spring course load, get on a faster track to graduation, improve your skills, and more!
Registration begins November 10, 2014. Take a look at the helpful links below:
- Courses Available (Please refresh your browser to get the current courses)
- or Search Schedule of Courses (under Session, please select Winter Intersession)
- Fee Reassessment Schedule
- Winter Intersession Information for Students (Word document download)
The document download above provides everything you need to know for current UMSL students and visiting students, regarding (1) application and registration (2) student number, single sign-on (SSO) ID and UMSL email address (3) student fees (4) fee payment (5) withdraw/drop dates and fee reassessment and refunds (6) grade reports (7) transcripts and (8) contact information.
- Currently enrolled UMSL students can register for Winter Intersession courses when registering for spring semester courses.
- All UMSL students should check with an academic advisor in their discipline to assure acceptability of credit in their degree program.
- Overload exceptions - Currently enrolled UMSL undergraduate students may register for 17 credit hours per semester: 18 credit hours are considered an overload. If an undergraduate student reaches 18 hours with some of the hours being “winter intersession” courses, the Registrar will manually override the overload message without special approval. Graduate students normally take no more than three credit hours in any four-week period. Graduate students may request exceptions for course loads over 12 hours during the regular semester or three hours during any four-week period.
New degree-seeking, visiting, non-degree seeking and returning UMSL students must apply and be admitted to UMSL before registering for classes.
- Winter Intersession registration for new degree-seeking, visiting, non-degree seeking, and returning undergraduate and graduate students, who have applied to UMSL, begins on November 17, 2014. The deadline for Winter Intersession registration is January 2, 2015.
- The application deadline for graduate students is November 29, 2014.
- The application deadline for new degree-seeking undergraduate students is December 5, 2014.
- The application deadline for visiting, non-degree seeking, and returning undergraduate students is December 19, 2014.
Students enrolled in Winter Intersession courses are eligible to participate in the Metro Pass program. Winter Intersession and Spring Semester Metro Passes are now available in the Cashier’s Office (285 MSC) at no additional cost to students who pay student activities fees, regardless of credit hours taken. For more information on Metro and/or Parking Passes, please visit http://www.umsl.edu/cashiers/tuition-fees/parking.html. Note: Students must present a valid school id when using the Metro pass.
- The passes are valid from January 2 through May 23, 2015.
- You are able to use your pass for Metrobus and Metrolink.
- You must sign the back of the pass and have your student id in order for the pass to be considered valid. Additionally, the dates of validity on the pass should be legible.
- Students who need to utilize Call-A-Ride Services must be registered with Disability Access Services (DAS) and be certified through Metro’s Call-A-Ride Office. Please contact DAS at (314) 516-6554 to learn how to become certified for Call-A-Ride service.
- Loaning passes to others is an inappropriate use of the pass. Students caught loaning their passes to others risk losing their pass and the ability to obtain a pass in the future.