To assist students to successfully pass the NCLEX-RN® exam. We will provide not only creative and engaging approaches to the NCLEX-RN® exam, but you will also be provided with test-taking strategies that are specific to the NCLEX-RN® exam and detailed content reviews delivered by experts in their teaching field from the Greater St. Louis metropolitan area.General Procedure
The sections in this course will deliver the content intermingled with active learning strategies. After each section, you will have the opportunity to test your knowledge by answering practice questions. After the course is over, you will be able to continue your review at home with additional readings, quizzes, tests, and Web-based video-on-demand.
- NCLEX-RN® Test-taking Strategies for Studying and Testing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing Review
- Mental Health Nursing Review
- Women's Health Nursing Review
- Pediatric Nursing Review
- Pharmacology Review
- Community Health review
- Leadership and Management in Nursing Review
The faculty experts are committed to making this the best review course ever to help with the endless review cycle of questions after questions and to support students with the ability to walk into the NCLEX-RN® with confidence.
- You will have an organized outline of review material that will be presented face-to-face by University of Missouri-St. Louis Nursing faculty.
- You will have the opportunity to review specific content areas that you feel you need to strengthen.
- You will have Web-based video-on-demand so you can watch the lecture series repeatedly from the privacy of your home. You will have Web access for 90 days after the review course ends.
- You will receive 32 hours in class time focusing on clinical thinking skills that are important for NCLEX-RN® success in assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care.
- You will not only learn about test-taking strategies, but you will also receive a detailed content review of material that is likely to be seen on the NCLEX-RN® exam.
- You will have the opportunity to unfold case studies that closely mimic real-life situations in nursing practice and to actively engage in and use critical thinking techniques.
- Dottye Akerson, PhD, RN
- Kathleen Borcherding, PhD, RN
- Jo Ellison, MSN, RN
- Sheila Grigsby, MSN, RN
- Diane Hickmon, MSN, RN
- Chrystal Lewis, MSN, RN
- Vanessa Loyd, PhD (c), RN
- Debbie Mercier, MSN, RN
- Jean Nelson, PhD, RN
- Wendi Smith, MSN, RN
- Jennifer L. Taylor, PhD (c), RN
- Required: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination (ISBN 9781416037088). You may already own this text. If not, it is available from the UMSL Bookstore for $56.95.
- Optional: NCLEX-RN® Excel: Test Success Through Unfolding Case Study Review, Ruth A. Wittman-Price & Brenda Reap Thompson (ISBN 978-0-8261-0601-8)