Meet Me in MO Competition
- When: 9:30 AM, Friday, May 8, 2015
- Where: J.C. Penney Building, University of Missouri–St. Louis
- Registration: This is a FREE event, but registration is required. Click here to register online!
Meet Me in Missouri is a great way to engage students, enhance learning, and meet Missouri’s grade-level expectations. Best of all, it’s free!
Meet Me in Missouri is a fun, interactive competition for 4th- and 5th-grade students. Student teams compete in:
- Content knowledge related to what students learn about Missouri, economics, and Missouri entrepreneurs,
- A hands-on production activity that reinforces economic concepts, and
- An entrepreneurship problem-solving activity.
The competition is based on MO HiStory, an online curriculum with lesson plans for teachers, stories about Missouri entrepreneurs who have contributed to the state economy, and games about Missouri geography, towns, history, symbols and government.
Each participating student receives a free Meet Me in Missouri t-shirt and gets the chance to design the t-shirt for next year's competition. Drinks and cookies are provided.
What some students have said they learned at Meet Me in Missouri:
- “This stuff is fun”
- “A lot about Missouri and its history”
- “You always need to learn economics”
- “A lot about entrepreneurs”
- “About how a business works, marketing, resources, and human capital”
- “Teamwork is important”
- “To always follow directions”
- “How to be more creative”
- “How to present”
- “To be organized”
Don’t miss this opportunity to make a lasting impact on your students in a fun way! Click here for more offerings from the Center for Entrepreneurship & Economic Education.
Noncredit Cancellation Policy: The University reserves the right to cancel any program. In the event of cancellation, you will be notified immediately, and all program fees will be refunded. If you must cancel a registration, you are entitled to a full refund only if you cancel prior to the first class meeting.
The University of Missouri–St. Louis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.