Public Private Partnership’s Maximum Value for a University Foundation
When: TBD | 5:30-6:30 PM (program) 6:30-7:15 PM (reception)
Where: UMSL, Millennium Student Center - Century Rooms
The purpose of the Distinguished Speaker Series is to feature a leader of notable achievement to talk about topics pertinent to business. The series continues to reach out to students, faculty, staff, alumni and the larger community to convey invaluable information about business leadership. Free & open to all students, campus community & the public.
Brian F. Lavin
Brian F. Lavin has served as the president and chief executive officer of each of NTS Realty Capital and NTS Realty Partners, as well as director of NTS Realty Capital since their formation in 2004. Lavin also has served as president of NTS Corporation and NTS Development Company since June 1997 and of NTS Mortgage Income Fund since September 1997.
From November 1994 through June 1997, he served as president of Paragon Residential, a division of Paragon Group, Inc. and prior to 1994, as vice president of Paragon’s Midwest Division. In this capacity, he directed the development, marketing, leasing, management and financing for Paragon's Residential twelve state multi-family portfolio. Paragon Residential developed and operated multi-family properties with an aggregate of 25,000 units in the Midwest and Southeast sections of the United States.
Lavin has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. He is also a licensed real estate broker in Kentucky and certified property manager. He is a member of the Institute of Real Estate Management, council member of the Urban Land Institute and member of the National Multi-Housing Council. Prior to his current membership with the World President’s Organization, he was a member of the Young President’s Organization. He has served on the board of directors of the Louisville Science Center, Louisville Ballet, Greater Louisville, Inc., National Multi-Housing Council, Louisville Apartment Association, Louisville Olmstead Parks Conservancy, Inc. and the Inquiry Commission for the Kentucky Bar Association. He currently serves on the board of overseers for the University of Louisville.
Lavin and his wife Mary reside in Louisville, Kentucky with their 10 children and 3 grandchildren.
- 2012 | Rhonda Hamm-Niebruegge, Director, St. Louis Lambert International Airport: Taking Flight in Aviation & Leadership
- 2011 | Susan Lang, Senior Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer, Express Scripts, Global Healthcare: The Merger of Business and Anthropology
- 2010 | Jan Holloway, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff, Monsanto, Choosing Change – Building a Career
- 2009 | Brenda Newberry, Chairman & CEO, The Newberry Group, Life is tough. Business is too. Grow over it.
- 2008 | Maxine Clark, Chief Executive Bear and Chairman of Build-A-Bear Workshop®, Putting the Heart Back in Retailing
- 2007 | Cynthia Brinkley, President, AT&T Missouri, Women in Business