Ready for the Rapids? Navigating the Fluid World of Business
- When: March 11, 2015 | 5:30–6:30 PM (program) | 6:30–7:15 PM (reception)
- Where: UMSL, Millennium Student Center - Century Rooms A, B & C
- FREE & open to all students, campus community & the public
The purpose of the Distinguished Speaker Series is to feature a leader of notable achievement to talk about topics pertinent to business. The series continues to reach out to students, faculty, staff, alumni and the larger community to convey invaluable information about business leadership. The program is part of the Executive Leadership Consortium.
Program Sponsors: Alumni Relations, E. Desmond Lee Professor in Developing Women & Entrepreneurs in International Business and UMSL Gender Studies
Rochelle Henderson, PhD
Dr. Rochelle Henderson is senior director of research for Express Scripts, Inc. In this capacity, she supervises a team of PhD heath policy researchers and works with schools of pharmacy and medical schools in the greater St. Louis area. She serves on a number of health related research teams with institutions across the St. Louis region: Washington University School of Medicine with Barnes Hospital, the Veteran’s Administration Regional Hospital, and with the School of Nursing at SIUE.
Dr. Henderson is an adjunct faculty member at SIUE, teaching courses in epidemiology and quantitative analysis. She has 18 years of experience in pharmacoepidemiologic and pharmacoeconomic research. She also has extensive publishing credits, including numerous peer-reviewed articles in American Journal of Managed Care, Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy, Annals of Pharmocotherapy, Clinical Therapeutics and other prestigious journals.
Through her leadership and her team’s efforts, plan sponsors, policymakers and patients have access to valuable insights made available through multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals. Rochelle works every day to ensure a steady stream of timely, clinically relevant rigorous research for Express Scripts partners.
Said Dr. Henderson: “We are truly passionate about developing empirically rigorous research that drive better decisions and healthier outcomes.”
She received her doctorate from the University of Missouri–St. Louis.
- 2014 | Patricia Strange, Manager of Contracts and Pricing, The Boeing Company
- 2013 | Brian F. Lavin, President/CEO, NTS Development Company
- 2012 | Rhonda Hamm-Niebruegge, Director, St. Louis Lambert International Airport: Taking Flight in Aviation & Leadership
- 2011 | Susan Lang, Senior Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer, Express Scripts, Global Healthcare: The Merger of Business and Anthropology
- 2010 | Jan Holloway, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff, Monsanto, Choosing Change – Building a Career
- 2009 | Brenda Newberry, Chairman & CEO, The Newberry Group, Life is tough. Business is too. Grow over it.
- 2008 | Maxine Clark, Chief Executive Bear and Chairman of Build-A-Bear Workshop®, Putting the Heart Back in Retailing
- 2007 | Cynthia Brinkley, President, AT&T Missouri, Women in Business