About | Classes
Today’s distributed work environments often create the need for managers, employees, and customers to be able to communicate with each other from different physical locations. Microsoft SharePoint can give you the ability to work in collaboration in such an environment. This technology creates a Web-based environment, giving access to documents, ideas, important links, and communications.
Our specialized certificate covers the collaboration features of SharePoint, as well as how to integrate with Office products, store and secure data, customize lists, and manage user access. The certificate includes courses using SharePoint Designer, Microsoft's application for creating and enhancing your SharePoint sites.
- Understand the basic features and structure of SharePoint in order to quickly and efficiently navigate your site.
- Foster communication and collaboration across your organization by using your SharePoint site to store, retrieve, and share data and documents.
- Tailor the design of your SharePoint site to fit your organization’s needs and best present your data.
- Store, edit, and synchronize multiple, linked database files.
- Integrate SharePoint with other Office products to create a shared productivity environment.
- Administer and secure your SharePoint site by creating and customizing site permissions for specific work groups or tasks.
You should be proficient with the Windows environment and be able to find files, create folders, organize and manage files and folders, work with multiple windows, and share data between applications via the Clipboard. You should also have experience with Microsoft Office applications. If you do not have this experience, it is recommended that you first take the Introduction to Windows course. You are required to complete any prerequisites listed for certificate classes. The prerequisite classes will not count toward the required 42 hours.
Certificate Class Requirements
A minimum of 42 hours is required: 12 hours from the Core Classes, 6 from Advanced SharePoint, 12 from Design and Interactivity, and 12 from the Electives.
- Introduction to SharePoint
- Intermediate Applications of SharePoint
- Advanced Applications of SharePoint
- Advanced Topics in SharePoint: Site Management
Design & Interactivity
- Intermediate Applications of SharePoint Designer
- Advanced Applications of SharePoint Designer
These courses give you experience in working with other programs and languages to enhance your SharePoint site.
- Introduction to InfoPath
- Introduction to XML
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Introduction to ASP .NET Using VB .NET
- Intermediate Applications of ASP .NET Using VB .NET
- Advanced Applications of ASP .NET Using VB .NET
- Introduction to Visual Basic .NET Programming (12 hours)
- Intermediate Visual Basic .NET Programming (12 hours)
- Advanced Visual Basic .NET Programming (12 hours)
- Or any classes listed in the categories above that have not been applied to a category.