Mission and Vision
Events and Series
Distinguished Speaker Series
St. Louis Rotary Club Ethics Panel
Executive Fellows Mentoring Project
Great Lecture Series
John W. Bachmann
Meet the Director
College of Business Administration
Title of Talk: Women in STEM Careers – Bridging the gender gap to foster innovation and competitiveness
- When: March 14, 2017 | 5:30–6:30 PM (program) | 6:30–7:15 PM (reception)
- Where: JC Penney Conference Center - Summit Lounge
- FREE & open to all students, campus community & the public
The purpose of the Distinguished Speaker Series is to feature a leader of notable achievement to talk about topics pertinent to business. The series continues to reach out to students, faculty, staff, alumni and the larger community to convey invaluable information about business leadership. The program is part of the Executive Leadership Consortium.
Pamela Jackson is vice president of Technology at Emerson, a global manufacturing and technology company based in St. Louis. Her responsibilities include corporate oversight of technology development, new and lean product development initiatives, portfolio and product life cycle management and Emerson’s centers of excellence for software and human-centered design. She also serves on the management board for the Emerson Innovation Center in Pune, India and the Emerson Xi’an Engineering Center in China. Ms. Jackson joined Emerson in 2001. She also worked at Lucent and AT&T.
She was recently named to the Business Journal National List of 100 Women to Watch as well as the 2016 Most Influential Business Women by the St. Louis Business Journal. Pam was recognized at the Emerson Women in STEM program at the Greater St. Louis Tribute to Success and also received the 2016 Achievement Award from the St. Louis Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Chapter. She is a recipient of the New York City YWCA Salute to Women Achievers Award and the National Black Engineer of the Year Dean’s Award.
Ms. Jackson received two Bachelor of Science degrees in chemical engineering and chemistry and a Master of Science degree in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She also holds an executive MBA from Boston University.
She is married to John Bush and parents of three adult daughters, all STEM graduates.
- 2016 | Sara Hannah, Managing Partner, BW Leadership Institute
- 2015 | Rochelle Henderson, PhD, Senior Director of Research, Express Scripts, Inc.,
- 2014 | Patricia Strange, Manager of Contracts and Pricing, The Boeing Company
- 2013 | Brian F. Lavin, President/CEO, NTS Development Company
- 2012 | Rhonda Hamm-Niebruegge, Director, St. Louis Lambert International Airport: Taking Flight in Aviation & Leadership
- 2011 | Susan Lang, Senior Vice President and Chief Supply Chain Officer, Express Scripts, Global Healthcare: The Merger of Business and Anthropology
- 2010 | Jan Holloway, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff, Monsanto, Choosing Change – Building a Career
- 2009 | Brenda Newberry, Chairman & CEO, The Newberry Group, Life is tough. Business is too. Grow over it.
- 2008 | Maxine Clark, Chief Executive Bear and Chairman of Build-A-Bear Workshop®, Putting the Heart Back in Retailing
- 2007 | Cynthia Brinkley, President, AT&T Missouri, Women in Business