Browse for Organizations
Student Leader & Organization Resources
Interested in Being an Advisor?
Tips & Tricks to Renewing Your Organization
Resources & Forms
University Program Board
Fraternity & Sorority Life
How To Join
Prospective Member Resources
Current Member Resources
Community Conduct History
Report a Concern
Diversity & Cultural Programs
Women's Leadership Institute
Diversity & Cultural Student Organizations
History & Heritage Months
Policies And Procedures
Campus Pride Index
Student Resources & Support
LGBTQ+ Community Resources
LGBTQ+ Student Video & Title IX
LGBTQ+ History Month
Transgender Spectrum Conference
Service Based Student Orgs
MLK Day of Service
The Big Event!
For Non-Profit & Community Organizations
Campus Life Media Production
Art Request Best Practices
Digital Signage Request
Each year all Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) must renew their status with the Office of Student Involvement (OSI) in order to remain in good standing. All training and updates to the organization's information must be completed to successfully finalize the renewal process. Once your renewal has been submitted and approved by the OSI, you will receive a confirmation from our office.
Each year the OSI will enforce a priority deadline for organization renewal. This priority deadline serves as the cut-off date during the renewal process where certain student organization privileges are no longer available. Being a Recognized Student Organization comes with a variety of privileges such as access to Student Activity Budget (SABC) funding, discounted rates on MSC reservations and Sodexo Catering, and training/development resources from the OSI.
The privilege cut-off date serves as an incentive to re-register your RSO early. Here's how it works:
- Your RSO registration for the current year is valid through June 30. This includes access to RSO resources and privileges.
- If you submit your RSO portal re-registration on MyEngage before July 1 and it is approved, your RSO privileges will automatically continue - you'll maintain access to all resources.
- Starting on July 1, RSOs that have not started the re-registration process will be temporarily "frozen" and will lose access to RSO privileges such as MSC reservations, SABC funding, etc. Your RSO will be "unfrozen" and privileges restored as soon as you submit your RSO portal Re-Registration on MyEngage.
Click the tabs below for more information on each step of the Re-Registration Process.
Organization Renewal opens each year in April. Once the renewal period has opened, you will follow the below instructions to complete it.
- Open your organization's portal on MyEngage.
- Click "Manage Organization" in the top right corner.
- If your organization is eligible for renewal, there will be a blue bar across the top with a button that says "Re-Register this Organization".
- By clicking that button you will begin the renewal process and MyEngage will walk you through step-by-step.
Once you complete the renewal process, the Office of Student Involvement will be notified and then approve your renewal.
Our Student Organization Leadership Education (SOLE) training is an annual training required for student organization leaders. The one-day training is set up as a conference-style event with sessions including MyEngage Basics, Budgets & Bills, Marketing Your Leadership Skills, Planning Events, and more! Important things to note about this event:
- This year's SOLE will be Saturday, August 28th, 2021 from 10:00am-3:00pm.
- All student organization presidents and treasurers are required to attend this training. If the president or treasurer are not able to go, another officer or member of the organization must go in their place. no matter what, each RSO must have at least two representatives attend.
- All attendees must stay for the entire day -- they cannot leave early or they will need to attend the SOLE makeup session.
- Register and find out more information about this event on the event's page in MyEngage!
Complete Continuing Education Opportunities - Wise Up Wednesday Series
Wise Up Wednesday is a series of presentations on personal and organizational leadership topics that will be held twice a month. These sessions will cover things like organization management, event planning, self-assessments, etc.
Your organization will need to have representation at a number three of these throughout the each semester to remain recognized.
The schedule and requirements for the Fall 2021 Wise Up Wednesday series is in the works! Check back here or on the MyEngage calendar for more information!