If you are ready to quit smoking, UMSL is ready to help. Quitting is a challenge, and we have tips, resources and programs to help you quit and start a healthier life. University Health, Wellness and Counseling Services will work to provide smoking cessation programs for all students, faculty and staff.
Campus tobacco cessation resources:
Or contact us directly at 314.516.5671
- You will have greater success quitting with a support program.
- Stay busy and engage in physical activity.
- Avoid stressful situations, tempting situations and triggers, such as alcohol and coffee.
- Find new activities and hobbies.
- Focus on the rewards and benefits of quitting.
Benefits of Quitting
- Risk of all smoking-related diseases is reduced.
- Blood pressure and pulse rate lower.
- Improved circulation
- Improved sense of smell and taste
- More energy and stamina.
- More money.
- No need to worry about where and when you can smoke.
- Hair, clothes, breath, car and home will smell better.