Policies provide guidance to ensure that there is compliance with employment law and that employees are treated consistently. They ensure and document good communication with employees and promote a pleasant work environment.
- Interpret policies
- Help employees understand policies
- Ensure consistent implementation of policies
- Investigate violations or inconsistent or incorrect application of policies
- Protect the university from risk
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate changes and revisions based on the needs of the university
If you have questions about the employment policies and their application to your work environment, contact Peter A. Heithaus, Associate Vice Chancellor, Human Resources.