HISTORY: This collection was donated to the Mercantile Library in 2000. The 4th Cavalry was originally formed in 1855 and fought with distiction through the Civil War. Like many units it was disbanded following the War of the Rebellion, but was reformed during the Second World War.
SCOPE: Comprised primarily of photo copied documents most of which are available through the unit museum located in South Dakota it never the less forms a good basis for introductory information about this unit and its lineage. .
HOLDINGS: 1 box approximatly .5 linear feet.
ACCESS: Some of the material in Special Collection M-235 may be photocopied, digitally scanned or photographed, subject to condition.
Copies of the finding aid are available for download