Why Learn Online?
There are many benefits to taking college courses online. Here are some of the best reasons to take classes online:
- Students may attend class whenever it's convenient for them - from a high school campus, from home, the library, or anywhere they have access to a PC and the Internet.
- Adds additional flexibility for students juggling a demanding personal schedule and may help students learn to manage their time and responsibilities.
- Direct and timely feedback available through open communication outside of the traditional classroom.
- Online instruction may provide a more comfortable environment which encourages students to participate in discussions and projects. Many students who are normally intimidated by a traditional classroom become more responsive in an online class.
- Improves students technological abilities, which will help in future online courses, on-campus courses, and in the workplace.
- New technology, such as pod casts, RSS feeds, blogs, Instant Messaging, wikis, etc., are incorporated into online courses, which helps students stay engaged.
- Provides a secure environment for high school students to participate in college opportunities.
- Allows high school students to get a head start on their college courses at a reduced cost.
- Assists students in completing prerequisite courses that may be required for acceptance to college programs.