About the College
Administrators and Staff
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
Partnerships and Community Connections
Who Advises my Major?
Touhill Performing Arts Center
School of Professional and Continuing Studies
Alumni and Friends
Giving to the College
Ways to Give
Cashier s Office
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Summer Music Camps
Welcome to UMSL Fine Arts and Communication.
- Talented and ambitious undergraduate and graduate students
- Accomplished faculty and staff, recognized nationally and internationally
- Dynamic and diverse creative academic community
- Pursuit of knowledge and connections through research and scholarship, performance, and arts practice
- Relevant, challenging, and innovative curriculum
- Transformational learning experiences in the classroom, in studios and galleries, in productions, and on stage
- Internships and hands-on experience with St. Louis metropolitan businesses and arts organizations
- Student Teaching and Service-Learning in the Greater St. Louis region and beyond
- The Touhill Performing Arts Center, a world-class venue and teaching laboratory
- Collaborative partnerships across disciplines
- Deep civic pride, active engagement, and service
- Committed leadership among alumni and friends
UMSL Fine Arts and Communication is all of this and much more. The departments and disciplines represented - art and art history, communication, media studies, music, and theatre and dance - are all closely linked by their core values to build and facilitate access to information, communication, and connection; elevate the human spirit; provide understanding and historical context; enhance critical thinking; and entertain with imagination, originality, and unique interpretation. Collectively, we celebrate discovery and the pursuit of excellence, with the aim of preparing students with the academic foundation and professional skills needed to accomplish their career and life goals.
I invite you to explore the pages of this website to learn more about us - the people, programs, and opportunities; the Touhill Performing Arts Center; and new developments with St. Louis Public Radio (KWMU) and UMSL at Grand Center. As you will see, UMSL Fine Arts and Communication is making important cultural and economic contributions to the region - and educating students is at the center of it all.