As the Chair of the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, I welcome you to our website. To familiarize yourself with the Department, I encourage you to consult the newsletters
available on our website. These informative newsletters highlight departmental activities and achievements each year.
After 30 years of service to the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Professor Richard T. Wright
retired at the end of the 2013-2014 academic year in order to tackle a new challenge: Chair of the Criminal Justice and Criminology Department at Georgia State University. We are sad to see Richard leave but we wish him well in his new endeavor. As we say goodbye to one colleague, we are excited to welcome two new assistant professors to our faculty: Adam Boessen
(University of California, Irvine) and Kyle Thomas (University of Maryland). We are extremely pleased to be joined by these two scholars.
The Department continues to increase its on-line course offerings for students enrolled in the undergraduate program. We now offer on-line all courses required to complete the BS degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
The following courses are available for online instruction:
1. CCJ 1100 Introduction to CCJ
2. CCJ 1110 Theories of Crime
3. CCJ 1120 Criminal Law
4. CCJ 2130 Criminal Justice Policy
5. CCJ 2210 Research Methods
6. CCJ 2220 Statistics
7. CCJ 2240 Policing
8. CCJ 2260 Courts
9. CCJ 3230 Crime Prevention
10. CCJ 3270 Juvenile Justice and Delinquency
11. CCJ 3345 Rights of the Offender
12. CCJ 4320 Forms of Criminal Behavior
13. CCJ 4325 Gender, Crime and Justice
14. CCJ 4335 Probation and Parole
15. CCJ 4390 Seminar in Criminology and Criminal Justice
If you have questions, I would be happy to hear from you by phone (314) 516-4619 or email email@example.com
Best wishes for a productive and informative academic year.