In compliance with the University policy on email, correspondence from the Cashier’s office will be sent to student’s official University ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ email account. Official email communications can be sent to a group, such as all enrolled students, or to only one student.
The Cashier’s Office will use your University email address for:
- Notification that your monthly bill has been generated and is ready to view/pay online.
- Responses to your inquiries about your student account.
- Reminders and warnings concerning past due student accounts.
- Information related to changes in office policy.
- Notification of refund direct deposit.
- Other specific or general communications.
Students are expected to check their email on a frequent and consistent basis in order to stay current with University-related communications. Regular email management will also keep your inbox from becoming full, causing email to be returned to the sender with an error.
Not checking email, errors in forwarding email or email returned to the Cashier’s Office as ‘Mailbox Full’ or ‘Undeliverable’ are not acceptable excuses for missing email communications.
Click here for help in accessing your UMSL e-mail account.
To log-on to your UMSL e-mail account: http://outlook.com/umsl.edu.